Meadowlark Environmental provides environmental and natural resource consulting services including:
- Threatened and endangered species surveys (including Dakota skipper),
- ESA (Endangered Species Act) permitting,
- Migratory bird surveys,
- Eagle/raptor surveys,
- Wetland delineations and associated permitting,
- Rare plant surveys,
- Other general biological surveys (wildlife, vegetation, habitat), and
- Environmental review, including NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act).
We serve our clients with clarity, value, respect, and excellent technical work. After working for larger firms, business partners Daniel Ackerman and Sara Simmers started Meadowlark in May 2020, allowing us flexibility and precision to serve our clients as we know best.
We have repeat clients throughout the Dakotas, western Minnesota, eastern Montana, and Wyoming. Projects include oil and gas facilities, pipelines, roads, renewable energy, transmission lines, solid waste, mining, irrigation, rural water systems, and commercial and industrial development.
We develop trusted relationships with both clients and regulators who can rely on us to provide the analysis necessary for environmental compliance, resulting in successful permitting with state agencies, the Bureau of Indian Affairs, the Bureau of Reclamation, the Bureau of Land Management, the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the U.S. Forest Service.